ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Leap Motion....Camera Control Possibilities?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate HartzlerLeap Motion....Camera Control Possibilities?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 8:03:59 pm

About a month ago Leap Motion announced "a small iPod sized USB peripheral that creates a 3D interaction space of 8 cubic feet to precisely interact with and control software on your laptop or desktop computer." The best part about it? The planned retail price is $70.

Now I know that there are really cool people out there using a Kinect for mo-cap data and translating that into Puppet Pin data.

But this Leap Motion, supposedly being 200x more accurate than the Kinect, could be used in AE for applications beyond mocap.

Imagine being able to control the position of the comp camera by the slight motions of your hand. Or use a pencil in the air like you would a stylus to draw masks, etc.

I'm not associated with Leap Motion, I'm just geeking out over the possibilities...

Hey smart developer people! Wanna integrate the Leap Motion with AfterEffects? Apply to get one of their free developer kits!

Return to posts index

Nick Fox-GiegRe: Leap Motion....Camera Control Possibilities?
by on Jun 6, 2013 at 5:29:43 pm

Hi! I'm working on the Kinect project with Victoria, and yup, we got a Leap developer unit and are working on After Effects applications.

Here's what we've got so far:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved