ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Graphic design incrustation on a true 3D object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antoine Legrand
Graphic design incrustation on a true 3D object
on Jun 14, 2012 at 1:43:23 pm

Hello everybody.

This is my problem: I would like to film a blue painted object in front of a green key.

The action: a character with the object in his hand put it in place at screen, and leave the scene. The object doesn't move anymore.

Can I keep the hand' shadow on the object, when I will replace the blue by some graphic design in After Effects? How to texture this object properly, to have a credible and clean result?

Thank you by advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Graphic design incrustation on a true 3D object
on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:50:35 pm

You'd have far fewer problems if you could just lose the blue paint and use the object as-is.

If this object has green in it, you could always shoot against a blue screen.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 16, 2012 at 9:02:12 am

I agree with Dave - it would be easier without the object or with just a simple object that resembles the final virtual one. You will need to track and roto (Mocha should help you with that) and most likely add shadows in post.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Antoine Legrand
on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:22:06 pm

Thank you for your answers.

I understand that it will not be easy to do. In, fact, the object that I want to shoot is a really simple one, just a bloc that will become a web button after the hand will leave the screen (switch to flash).
So we already know that we will not use the green color for this object when we will texturize it.

The problem is that I don't make 3D, and I would like a really good integration, by keeping reel hand shadow. Is that possible? Sorry, in this domain, I am really not experienced.
But you know... They ask: "We have a fun idea, do you know how to do?" - "No, but it could be fun" - "Ok let's do it!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]