ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Faster [Fly to Inset] effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rok PicassoFaster [Fly to Inset] effect?
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 11:29:24 pm

Hello. I would be grateful if someone would tell me how I can make the "Fly to Inset" effect with the "Transitions - Movement" folder of effects faster. Which setting should I change to make the footage stop moving and reducing its size towards the corner at an earlier frame?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Faster [Fly to Inset] effect?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 1:46:37 am

If you select the clip you applied this effect to, and press "U", the keyframes that have been applied will be revealed. Then you can move them closer together to make the transition faster.

Return to posts index

Rok PicassoRe: Faster [Fly to Inset] effect?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:40:48 pm

Thank you for responding, Chris.

That's part of my problem: that effect does not create keyframes for me, and I had no need for them. I actually don't know if you can add some sort of "general" keyframes, rather than the requirement of a keyframe to a specific property (like Position or Scale) that you want to change.

However, after posting my question, I realized that the effect does have an option for easily making it quicker, this effect just was not initially clear to me; the option is "Transition Completion" right under the "Fly to Inset" property in the Effect Controls tab. If I simply choose an earlier key frame, and choose 100% completion at that earlier frame, then the animation becomes faster.

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Faster [Fly to Inset] effect?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:59:06 pm

Those are the keyframes that would have been created when you dropped the effect onto the layer. If no keyframes were present, you wouldn't have any animation. Again, all you have to do is move them closer together, instead of adding more.

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Return to posts index

Rok PicassoRe: Faster [Fly to Inset] effect?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 5:02:39 pm

Hmmm...that makes sense indeed; would you know where I can see those keyframes in the timeline for that specific effect, [Fly to Inset]? I only know how to find keyframes that I added myself for Position or Scale for example.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]