ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Green Screen Rendering for AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt HarrisGreen Screen Rendering for AE
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 3:19:42 pm

This week I've shot about 2 hours worth of footage on a green screen. Now I'm going through the process of keying everything out and it looks fine. In the past, I've had the luxury of time. Doing the keying and rendering video by video, this time, because there were 15 segments and they all needed to be finished and dumped into the ftp at about the sam time, I wanted to render everything in one big sweep. I decided to render it in 2 60 min batches of footage, but it took FOREVER. I've tinkered and tweaked all of my settings to max out the computers hardware (at least I thought) to get the job done, but the final count for both rounds of footage rendering (on 1 iMac and one MBP) was about 8.5 hours a piece. Is that normal? Like I said earlier, in the past I would do it video by video and let the segments render for 20-30 mins and work on something else. If you guys don't mind, take me through a typical pro workflow for keying. I'm completely self taught so its very possible I'm doing things that are slowing down my process. What is the secret sauce?? As far as format, format options, etc, how do I get the most efficient render time without sacrificing quality. The videos are ending up in emails and on the web, so the final product is 960x720 so true HD isn't a focus in these. By the way, I definitely tried to google this before hand but kept running across kids rendering screenshots of their Call of Duty and Halo. This is a little beefier than that I think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved