ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Automated watermarking and encoding advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei AlexAutomated watermarking and encoding advice
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 6:27:51 pm

This might a bit of a newbie question, but I would hugely appreciate any help.

In a nutshell what I need to do is to automate watermarking and encoding a bunch of videos. I have a system that outputs some videos of varying lengths (the frame-rate, codec, frame size, etc are similar - just the frame-rate differs). I need to add a watermark (a logo to be exact) to these videos and export them to f4v format.

I have tried using Adobe Media Encoder which has the extremely handy "watch folder" feature. But there's no way to add a watermark in Adobe Media Encoder.. or is there?

Then I went to After Effects. I create a comp, get the source video from a folder, add the watermark .png on top, stretch it to the length of the comp and save the project. In theory all I need to do now is to change the source video, trigger AE using aerender, and it works great. BUT all the output videos have the length of the initial video composition. Is there any way to automatically have both the composition and the watermark layer adjust to the duration of the source video?

Then I ran out of ideas :(

Has anyone managed to do this in an automated manner? Any advice is most welcome. A command-line controlled app that does this would be ideal, if there is such a thing.

PS: I use Adobe mainly because from the tests I did nothing came close Adobe Media Encoder in terms of quality and speed. If I am wrong and there are any other encoders out there that could output f4v files at comparable quality WITH a watermark, please let me know.

PPS: I'm on Win 7 Pro X64, i7 unlocked, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved