ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georgina LordBest possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 10, 2012 at 10:09:42 am

I wonder if anyone could give me some tips on the best way to encode a video in AE/Media Encoder (CS5.5)so that it looks as good as I can get it for uploading into YouTube @ 720p? Granted I realize that YouTube doesn't exactly offer anything like superior HD quality, but for some reason I just can't seem to be able to encode my videos so they looks as smooth/good as a lot of YouTube HD videos I'm seeing out there.

G.

Return to posts index

Georgina LordRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 10, 2012 at 10:29:54 am

My apologies; I see there is a "Compression" forum. I should have posted this there. Still, if anyone has a clue... :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 10, 2012 at 4:44:56 pm

Either render uncompressed from AE and use a compression soft, like Adobe Media Encoder to compress to a H264, mp4, f4v or flv container, or just open the AE comp in Encoder and render straight from there.
Use Variable bit rate, two pass and if you have gradients and lots of motion, keyframe every frame.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Georgina LordRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 12:16:22 am

Thank you. I tried several methods, including the setting you advised, all with key frames on every frame, but although the material looks absolutely perfect offline, YouTube just makes it looks like crap. I know it can do better than what I'm getting as I've seen other YT videos that look great.

I tried QT @ 100% quality + 1 keyframe every frame, I tried the same with h.264, even going up to an over-the-top 60mbps and 1 key frame every frame, also tried uploading the a full lossless avi (1.54gb for a 20 second 720p clip) and they all looked pretty dire.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 11:59:07 am

That is strange- are you sure you are looking at them at the best possible resolution in YouTube? Also, you're aware that it takes a bit longer to have access for all resolutions once you post a clip on YouTube, right?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:17:44 am

Have you tried the YouTube encoding presets in Adobe Media Encoder? We worked directly with Google/YouTube to get these perfectly aligned with their specs for Adobe Media Encoder CS6.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Robert JonesRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on May 21, 2013 at 3:15:05 pm

I am having the same problem. I use media encoders 23.96 fps 720p youtube preset and when I put it on youtube its not smooth like other videos I watch. My sequence preset used these settings but there are clips from various frame rates. Most of my clips are 23.96 720p but a few are 30fps and/or 1080p. It's all movie clips. Some I guess came from TV and therefore are 30 fps.

I've played it back on my computer at home and also at work where we have really good bandwidth. Click on the video below to see for yourself. What I don't get is how smooth other peoples videos are by comparison. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Click above!

Return to posts index

Daniel HornRe: Best possible settings to export for YouTube HD (720p)?
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 11:04:15 pm

It often takes 10 minutes or so, sometimes even an hour for videos uploaded to youtube to fully process and be available in their highest quality setting. Maybe that's your problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]