ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

.m2v has no sound

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan Horlock.m2v has no sound
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:27:08 pm

Hi there,

Hopefully this is the correct section

I have an animation inside of After Effects... its a presentation which lasts 1hr 15mins 48secs.

I need to put it onto DVD... however when I render it as mpeg-DVD.... I get an .m2v file (which is fine) but the .wav file has no sound at the beginning.

Basically there is no sound for the first 15 mins and 48 secs of the .wav and then it cuts in for the rest of the duration.

This seems like a coincidence that the video is 1hr 15mins 48secs and the is no sound for the first 15 mins and 48 secs of the audio.

Is after effects on limited to 1 hours worth of audio?

any help would be much appreciate :)

many thanks

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: .m2v has no sound
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:31:59 pm

It is best either to open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder, choose the desired Composition and compress from there or render a uncompressed or a slightly compressed codec (like ProRes) from AE and use Encore to Master your DVD.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: .m2v has no sound
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:10:34 am

Did you also import the associated AC3 file? If you didn't, you have no sound track.

You should also know that an m2v file is a very poor choice for preserving image quality. If that isn't a big concern for you, knock yourself out.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ewan HorlockRe: .m2v has no sound
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 9:54:28 am

Hi

thanks for your reply

Sorry I forgot to say that I exported the comp via dynamic link and Adobe Media Encoder. It contains various Quicktime photo jpeg videos and text animation. I need to deliver onto DVD.

I was hoping I could convert the comp into mpeg2-DVD using AME then I could import the 2 (video and audio) assets into Encore to create the DVD. It always seems quicker to use AME rather than transcode inside Encore.

At the moment I have two files one .m2v file ...which is all good... and the separate .wav file which has the first 15mins 48 secs missing for some strange reason.

As the video file is fine (which took a long time to render) I thought I would try and render just the audio from the comp again. I have tried Dolby Digital, PCM, Audio Waveform. However they all seem to come out the same...with the first 15mins 48 secs missing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: .m2v has no sound
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 2:54:47 pm

Is the audio in your comp a single track that exists elsewhere? You can use that instead.

Pre-64-bit versions of AE had a lot of trouble with long-gop video files like H.264. If you have anything like that in the comp, strange things can happen. If that's the case, just turn off all the video in the comp and export the audio only as a wav or aiff.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ewan HorlockRe: .m2v has no sound
by on Jul 5, 2012 at 4:08:46 pm

Hi there,

sorry for the late reply

Thanks for all your help so far :)

Basically I ended up just exporting the comp again as a .wav only .... as I already had the video on its own (and did not want to have to render it gain).

I was then able to put the two together inside Encore and build the DVD...so that's good.

In addition to this I am still having problems trying to encode the composition to h.264

What I have noticed recently is when I import the after effect comp into Premiere the is no sound at all (audio channels are on).

However when I look at the original comp inside After Effects ...and hit ram preview the audio is all there ...and there is no problem.

It seems to occur when I render the comp via AME or import into Premiere Pro.... as if using another programme to view or render the comp just does not work.. and I loose my audio.

The fun continues!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]