ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best way to achieve this look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Declan Davoren
Best way to achieve this look
on Jun 5, 2012 at 4:31:31 pm

So im shooting some interview footage this friday, and im looking to have an end result similar to the look of the interview footage in

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/home/includes/video_4s.html#video-4s

Would it be best to use a green screen then chroma key it to a white solid?

or should i shoot with a white background (fabric) and key out the grey in the texture?

perhaps i should even be buying a better white background, and if thats the case can anyone make any recommandations?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jacob Lanum
Re: Best way to achieve this look
on Jun 5, 2012 at 8:54:51 pm

Use white fabric. Iron out the creases and blow that sucker out with light so you get a pure white. Quick and easy

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:34:10 am

Agreed. Take a regular old bed sheet, layer it a few times, put it a few feet back and hit it with some light from behind. We've done several videos this way and it works great - just make sure to clip the white out with some color correction. I'd say this is way easier than shooting green screen or a real background.

If you shoot green screen you'll create a LOT more work for yourself and it won't look as good in the end.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Declan Davoren
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:00:39 pm

what amount of light were you working with for the bedsheet, i only have 4 300W lights.

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:49:34 am

I don't have the specifics on what our shoot team used - I wasn't actually there, just worked on the footage in post. (what I told you is basically what they told me as to how they've shot the interviews).

I'm not a gaffer but from what I know of their equipment I'd imagine that would do the trick - I don't recall them using anything too huge. Of course it also depends on what ISO you are shooting at, with what lens, and all that...

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]