ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DNxHD quicktimes from Avid AAF get immediately corrupted in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Raim
DNxHD quicktimes from Avid AAF get immediately corrupted in AE CS6
on May 31, 2012 at 9:19:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I've just installed the trial versions of MC6 and After Effects CS6 onto my MacBook Pro (startup disk is a Xpress Card SSD running Lion).

The Pro Import plugin creates a bunch of 6-12kb reference quicktimes and everything runs smoothly. As soon as I close and reopen After Effects, I get an error message saying "The MooV File is damaged or unsupported". If I try to open the quicktimes in QT7 the app crashes before displaying anything.

I removed the SSD drive and rebooted using my internal drive (that runs 10.6.8) and which has MC 5.5 and After Effects CS 5. Using Automatic Duck I was able to import the same AAF file. I closed and reopened CS5 and there was no problem.
I rebooted the machine with the SSD running Lion, opened the project using CS6 and instantly the quicktimes became corrupt.

I tried the flattening quicktimes option in Pro Import thinking the referenced quicktimes might be a problem but After Effects CS6 seems to be corrupting these as well.

Any thoughts? It seems to be DnXHD-specific...

Thanks in advance!

Computer specs:
MacBook Pro 17-inch, Mid 2010
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Return to posts index

Robin Griffiths
Re: DNxHD quicktimes from Avid AAF get immediately corrupted in AE CS6
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:44:29 am

I've been having this exact problem with CS6 as well. I encountered this error before using Automatic Duck and CS5, but I think I resolved it by moving the Avid media to the root of the drive - this doesn't make any difference with CS6 though.
Have gone back to CS5 and can hopefully open the project in CS6 when this is resolved.

Return to posts index

Kevin Dooley
on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:48:11 am

It's not just DNxHD. I had the same issue last night with ProRes footage. Somehow the corrupted footage has also messed up the original Final Cut project as well. I was able to transcode all the clips except one to Animation, which AE corrupted as well upon re-opening the project.

Kevin Dooley
Media Director
Pantego Bible Church

Return to posts index

nir pinkasy
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:52:05 am

same problem here got back to cs 5.5 until we solve it.

Return to posts index

nir pinkasy
on Aug 9, 2012 at 8:36:01 am

same problem here, if you try to import on 5.5 and then open it in cs6 once you made a restart to the after
it's gone...

Return to posts index

Kea Leens
on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:11:03 pm

I Have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution yet ?

Return to posts index

Christian Offenberg
on Aug 22, 2014 at 6:10:21 pm

I know your post is quite old - but since I've spend some time to find a solution I want to add it here in the post:

CS6 does make problems when in the disk cache settings "XMP" is activated. Try without and everything should be fine. Don't forget to delete the files in your disk cache manually - just to be sure.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]