ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Good places for green screening inspiration?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max PalmerGood places for green screening inspiration?
by on May 31, 2012 at 7:50:53 pm

So I'm soon going to be involved in one of my first chroma-keying exercises. I'm a corporate designer, and one of our clients is flying an executive in to be taped in front of a green screen for us to insert into a video we are producing in conjunction with them; the subject is financial services. I'm currently looking for ideas as to what I could put into the chroma key instead of just the typical muslin and gobos. Cut away shots will also be incorporated, so I'm also looking for a way to adjust the background with the different angles.

Anyone have any good places to browse through for inspiration on that sort of thing?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Good places for green screening inspiration?
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 2:07:18 pm

Here's one that's more about the how than the what, but if this is your first chroma-keying endeavor, then you'd best be good at the tail end - pulling the key. The course that's for sale on the link is a tour-de-force of technique, and well worth the money:

http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/greenscreenplates.html

By the way, I'm in no way connected with the site - I just appreciate the resources they've got, and have used several of their free sample shots to work on pulling keys. Good luck with it!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Max PalmerRe: Good places for green screening inspiration?
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 2:15:20 pm

Well, let me clarify- it's not my VERY first chroma key. Done it once before, but it was a fast-paced project, and had a LOT of keying (90 employees at my company, so 90 different clips). However, they were just keyed out and put onto a flat color background.

For this next project, I will be placing the individual into an environment or background, which hasn't been decided yet.

I will check out that site though, there is certainly more for me to learn. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Good places for green screening inspiration?
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 2:53:23 pm

[Max Palmer] "I will be placing the individual into an environment or background, which hasn't been decided yet."

I'm sure you're aware that the background used has a profound effect on the shots you get: the angle(s), how wide, how tight, etc.

For your sanity, I hope the background is at least thumbnailed prior to shooting. If they drag their feet on it, you need to explain to the people developing this background why it's so important.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]