ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Music video shoot - BIG person on stage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tielman Dewaele
Music video shoot - BIG person on stage
on May 30, 2012 at 8:32:34 pm

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but since i am using after effects for the goal, i thought of putting it here.

We are working on a music video, where the singer/rapper needs to look BIG on stage. By big i mean, he needs to be twice or 3 times bigger then the musicians behind him.

We already worked out the medium/close shots, by using simple camera techniques.

But we need to have at least one long wide shot where the singer is big on stage and the musicians normal size at the back.

The easiest way would be shooting the stage with only the musicians and the talent on green screen in the studio.
Because it is a concert(not live) the lights will have different light colors and possible will move around(need to check that)

My second thought was putting the chroma key on the stage, but the dark and the different light colors will make it hard or impossible to key(?).

Any suggestions what could be the best option??? Anyone had something similar(hard chromakeying).

T

MacPro Intel Quad Core 17G Ram

MacBookPro Intel Duo Core 2G Ram

Cs5 Production Premium
Cinema4D 11.5
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Nevin Styre
Re: Music video shoot - BIG person on stage
on May 30, 2012 at 8:48:28 pm

I'd try to not have to do this in post, moving, flashing different coloured concert lights seems like it will probably be a pain with keying. You could fake it by having your main guy on a platform way in front of the stage, then carefully framing it from the front with a long lens shot(with a deep depth of field) so that he looks like he is standing on the stage way behind him, adjusting the concert lighting so it hits him like it would if he were actually on the stage. Fake 1/3 size mic stands & audio monitors on the platform with the main guy might help sell it(if they belong/match other shots that is).

Return to posts index

Tielman Dewaele
on May 30, 2012 at 9:15:24 pm

Hey Nevin,

Definitely a good idea. But for this shot, we thought of showing the crowd in the same shot, because that will make it more "believable" in my opinion.

Also for this option we would need a big room, the one we are using is radder small.

So on the foreground there would be a small crowd. The rapper in the front of the stage and normal looking musicians at the back. Even the singers head could be outside of the frame.

I like the thought of using small boxes and mic stand. But i am not sure if that would work. Him holding a small mic would work. Didn't think that far.

T

MacPro Intel Quad Core 17G Ram

MacBookPro Intel Duo Core 2G Ram

Cs5 Production Premium
Cinema4D 11.5
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on May 31, 2012 at 8:10:28 am

what you are trying to achieve is called "Forced Perspective".

a quick google search reveals loads of hits. The first one i clicked shows lots of examples which might just give you an idea for how to achieve your shot. http://digital-photography-school.com/forced-perspective

The main thing is what the earlier poster said - Depth of Field ! nothing like focus issues to give game away.

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]