ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Not understanding how to get a rotobrush matte into premiere pro CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fukumoNot understanding how to get a rotobrush matte into premiere pro CS6
by on May 30, 2012 at 8:06:29 am

Hi group, I'm sorry I am not understanding the Dynamic link vs import going from Premiere Pro to AE and back.

I read online that if I use PP and dynamic link to AE, I cannot go back. It clearly states that. On Adobe's blog it says I can simply copy and paste between the two apps. but it also says clearly, you cannot take an AE timeline and copy and paste into PP.

I've tried import Comp.aep, I've tried rendering out the matte but I don't see an alpha mask, and I've imported sequences from AE into PP. but none are saving the masks from the rotobrush.

What I tried to do was create two sequences with the same scene, a woman walking down a hall to a door and opens the door and goes through.

All I wanted was the room to be blue and when the door opens she goes into yellow/orange light from the hall. So I created one rotobrush seq. where I selected her only, and the next seq. where I selected the background and made it bluish. How can I combine the two into my PP project.

If you can help it would be a life saver, this is due tomorrow at school and I've spent 6 days on this last 10 seconds.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Not understanding how to get a rotobrush matte into premiere pro CS6
by on May 30, 2012 at 11:30:12 am

In AE you could render out your rotobrush pass with an alpha channel and composite that layer into Premiere, but probably even better would be to composite everything in AE and render that as your last shot and bring it into premiere.

So take your finished roto layer(I'm assuming you have correctly used the rotobrush) and place that into your composition. Take the layer you want to change the color of the walls and make that your bottom layer add whatever color effect you want to change it. Now if I understand Dynamic Link correctly you should be able to save the project and import the comp into Premiere, but if for some reason this is a problem, just render to a Quicktime Animation file and you should have everything you need to finish you project.

Strange, I did something like that your concept recently, Top Left Video

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved