ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback....any fix at all??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan WeissRAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback....any fix at all??
by on May 30, 2012 at 2:38:25 am

I am at my wits end...running CS 5 or CS 6 i get this error all the time...none of the recommendations here or elsewhere have made any difference...
When i run CS 4 I do not get the error...cannot seem to find a way around this to get the more recent AE versions running...
Anyone else get this problem...
One more piece of info...
On my laptop I never get this error even when opening the same project..no matter whether it is CS 4,5, or 6.
but it always occurs on my desktop which is a much more powerful machine...Win 7..solid state C drive..12 GB of RAM...

Help?!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback....any fix at all??
by on May 30, 2012 at 5:49:40 am

Stan, take a look-see at your system resources - both machines (RAM, HD type/capacity usable capacity, MultiProcessing (AE), and disc cache (setting and location).

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback....any fix at all??
by on May 30, 2012 at 11:59:35 am

you can get this error often if you have the ram preview settings set to start from current frame and the timeline is on the last frame of the comp (or the last frame of the work area).

the fact that you mention one system behaves differently than another even with the same comp, makes me think that the preview settings are different from one machine to the other.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback....any fix at all??
by on Oct 12, 2012 at 4:12:16 pm

The After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update was just released. It includes many bug fixes and adds some GPUs to the list of those that can be used for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D rendering.

Details are here: http://adobe.ly/AE1102

Note that one of the changes is the addition of a new Memory & Multiprocessing preference and an adjustment to memory handling on Mac OS to alleviate the problem seen when getting the message “After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]