ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automating Rendering Tasks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean lloydAutomating Rendering Tasks
by on May 28, 2012 at 3:22:23 am

Hi All,

Basically a two part question. I have a hundred and eighty clips that need to be rendered and then re-inserted into a FCP timeline.

I notice that when I open AE and drag the clip to the timeline, it automatically creates the same name for the composition, but when I make a new composition it labels it as comp 1 and hen I have to edits the name. And what I am wanting to do is load up a bunch of clips and drag and drop them onto the timeline and then render them when I need to sleep.

So my first question is, is there a way to get AE to automatically label a composition the same as the clip when you are doing multiple compositions to render?

My second question is, is there an actions-type process in AE where I could do all the commands for my renders and record them with a macro, so I don't repeat the same process 180 times.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate this forum...Ian

PS I'm on AE CS4

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Automating Rendering Tasks
by on May 29, 2012 at 10:24:08 am

You select your clips in the Project Panel and then select the menu item Composition>Add to Render Queue. AE will create one comp for each clip and name the comp exactly as the name of the clip.

You will however have to be mindful of the destination movies. AE's default destination is based on the destination when you last rendered. If you do not want this for all of your clips. Then drop one of the clips via the method I described earlier. Then go to the Render Queue and change the destination to your desired location. Now when you do the Add to Render Queue routine, all the comps will render out to your preferred destination.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

sean lloydRe: Automating Rendering Tasks
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 6:15:10 am

Hi Roland,

Thanks very much. Had a bit of a synchronous hick up the first time I tried it, as some of my footage had a weird artifacting, but then finally realized that I'd made a mistake prior to import. I think I have it down now. I appreciate the response. Cheers...Ian'

Return to posts index

sean lloydRe: Automating Rendering Tasks
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 10:42:35 pm

Hi Roland,

I still seem to be having an issue. I am able to send the clips with their appropriate names, and in the sequence of clips the first one renders out properly, but the subsequent clips are coming out as nothing but gray on the screen.

Any ideas. Thanks for your help...Ian
'

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Automating Rendering Tasks
by on Jun 2, 2012 at 9:59:55 am

Hi Sean, sorry but I can't think of anything definitive that may be the cause of your issue. If I were to take a stab, I would look at render /output module settings and possibly memory (lack of).

Do a Purge All prior to rendering - CTRL+ALT+/ (numeric keypad).

What I can suggest is to ensure that you create an output and render templates so that it's easy to select the appropriate preset/template once you've multi-selected the comps in the Render Queue.

Then start a batch with only 2 comps and see what happens. If all is well, then increase the batch to 5 items. Then make the necessary adjustments to your batch size based on your deadline and nights you have available.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]