ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects write on screen in a big way

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CranstonAfter Effects write on screen in a big way
by on May 25, 2012 at 9:27:54 am

i have been approached by a client who would like 5 or 6 videos of a tablet comp where a hand comes on and writes a few paragraphs to support the voice over.

at the moment it looks like there might be quite a bit of text to put into each vid and i was wondering if there was any other way to make it look as if its being written on other than to use the pen to trace each letter which I'm sure you can understand would take quite a while.

i have tried using auto trace on layers with stroke, but the auto trace isn't too good if I'm honest, lots of letters look jagged and its taken me longer to correct those mistakes that it would to have traced it out myself.

also, is there a way to make it sequential or even create an animation preset/template so i don't have to do it for each block of text but can joust change the text when needed and the same effects will take place in the different vids with different text?

I'm using AE-CS-4 if that makes any difference

hope someone can help asap as id like to get back to the client by monday lunchtime with an idea of how long its going to take me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved