ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Working into two diferents formats

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jose l garciaWorking into two diferents formats
by on May 24, 2012 at 7:55:24 pm

Hey guys, wich is the right workflow about get two diferents output videos?

I mean, i want to create 2 diferents outputs of my footage, 1080p and NTSC.

Im asking if the right way to do that is just work in the higher one (1080p) and make the movie and then use some 3rd part soft to resize it to the NTSC? or is better to make it trough after effect or premiere?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Working into two diferents formats
by on May 25, 2012 at 1:21:10 am

Sorry, but it's difficult to know what you want. Here in an NTSC country, we have 1080.

Are you talking about the difference between High definition and standard definition?

Are you talking about the difference between Europe's 25 frames per second and North America's 29.97 frames per second?

Please help us so we can help you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jose l garciaRe: Working into two diferents formats
by on May 25, 2012 at 1:57:37 am

Thanks for try to help me, my english is really not good :/ mainly i want to know how to make it in diferent resolutions.

My original footages are 1080P60fps, and want to make 2 formats of the video, one in 1080P and other for internet Standard Resolution.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Working into two diferents formats
by on May 25, 2012 at 2:20:39 pm

[jose l garcia] "Im asking if the right way to do that is just work in the higher one (1080p) and make the movie and then use some 3rd part soft to resize it to the NTSC? or is better to make it trough after effect or premiere?"

Yes, work at 1080, then resize for NTSC. (If you are not letterboxing, do remember to keep the graphics 4:3 safe for center cutting, or be prepared to rework 16:9 layouts for 4:3.)

I don't think there's a need for third-party down-scaling. Premiere Pro uses Lanczos resampling and bicubic interpolation [link]. I believe AE uses bilinear only.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

jose l garciaRe: Working into two diferents formats
by on May 26, 2012 at 3:50:52 am

So premiere will be better for down-scaling.

Another question, my videos are all files of 2gb size.

i want to cut that videos in small ones each fight (are martial arts tournament) so i need to edit each fight to add socreboards and stuff like that like an broadcasting event.

So wich is the best way to do it? just import the big file into AE and drop multiple copies of each big file into the timeline and resize it, or think that will be better to create small files and edit each fight alone and then put all together using premiere?

Hope understand me:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]