ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5.5 | Need assitance with relinking multiple files!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael zoppo
AE CS5.5 | Need assitance with relinking multiple files!
on May 24, 2012 at 7:32:18 pm

Hey Guys,

So I have a project I have been switching back and forth between my home computer and the work computer. Both are macs. Usually when I finish up for the day at work or at home I'll do File > Collect files to collect all my files into one neat place so when I go into work I can just copy over that folder from my HDD onto the work desktop open up the AE file and go to town. The only issue is that when I bring a collected folder from my home computer to the work computer (or the other way around) I have to relink all the files ONE BY ONE. Well not really one by one but I'm forced to have to relink at least one file in each folder that I have in my project bin. I should be able to relink one file and then have them all relink regardless of whether what folder they are in the Project Bin. So I have to open up my logos folder and relink one to get them all to relink, then I have to open up my audio folder and relink one of those files to get them all to relink, then I have to open up my assets folder which has sub folders that each need one file relinked in order to get them all to relink. I'd just like to know how to make AE CS5.5 relink ALL my files at once.

And I'm doing this with a collected files folder which means ALL my assets are available in that footage folder so AE should not have a problem with filepaths since they are all in the same main footage folder.

I've attached a screenshot to show you that my files are all located in the collected footage folder.

I noticed some people said that you should take all of your assets out of the footage folder and just leave it right there in the main folder with the project file. I tried this and still had to relink one file from each folder to get all of the folders relinked.

Don't understand why this is such an issue now when it worked fine for me in CS4, I believe somebody mentioned AE handles folder hierarchy differently now but I just want to get this to work!

Thanks Guys,
Mike

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: AE CS5.5 | Need assitance with relinking multiple files!
on May 24, 2012 at 8:27:24 pm

Try this script:

http://aescripts.com/batch-search-n-replace-paths/

Just replace the first part of the path that changed and the rest will be updated at the push of a button.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]