ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Sketch tool crashes project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Cutler
Motion Sketch tool crashes project
on May 23, 2012 at 4:43:49 pm

Hey folks, has anyone had project files where motion sketch just won't work and/or it crashes AE every time you attempt to use it? If anyone knows of any circumstances under which you can't use the motion sketch tool, I'd love to hear them. I have one project in which, every time I click with the motion sketch cursor, the application crashes completely. I haven't been able to find a workaround yet. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Motion Sketch tool crashes project
on May 23, 2012 at 4:54:33 pm

We have insufficient information to give you a straight answer. Here's a good list of info to provide so we can make a meaningful diagnosis:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter Cutler
on May 23, 2012 at 5:21:39 pm

Thanks Dave,

Here's some additional information:

After Effects version 10.5.0.253 running on Mac OS X version 10.7.4 -- dual 2.66 six-core processors with 32GB of ram and ATI 5870 (open gl disabled, render multiple frames simultaneously enabled)
The footage being manipulated is all vector objects of different kinds, mostly AI files with the occasional shape layer and basic solid
The problem does not occur when I create a new project and animate a solid using the motion sketch tool. However, if I create a new composition in the project in question, the problem inevitably occurs, whether I'm animating a shape layer, a solid, or an AI file.
No other software running. Have the usual plugins installed -- magic bullet, trapcode, plexus, newton
Project file (as well as the successful dummy test) are 32bpc srgb linearized

Let me know if there's any other info that's valuable. Boggled by this one. Have attempted minor changes some dozen times and the crash has recurred every time.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 23, 2012 at 5:37:14 pm

That information eliminates a lot of possibilities. A likely cause: something's not right in the original project. Tell you what: create a NEW AE project, and import the problematic project into it. AE should behave much better after that.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]