ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Eye color animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott O'HaraEye color animation
by on May 23, 2012 at 4:29:02 pm

Hey all

So I can track and change the color of eyes but I want to have an effect like the color is moving inside. Wether that's magic or fire you can find some videos on YouTube that look really nice. Is this possible with AE? If so, how do u get this effect? Ive been messing with some of it but have gone round and round and ended up with some crappy results. Any ideas?

Thanks
Scott

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Eye color animation
by on May 23, 2012 at 4:52:27 pm

[Scott O'Hara] "I can track and change the color of eyes but I want to have an effect like the color is moving inside. "

First, tell us how you're currently doing it. There are usually a couple-three ways to skin a cat in AE, and you may not be using the proper procedure.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott O'HaraRe: Eye color animation
by on May 23, 2012 at 5:11:36 pm

I tracked the eye using mocha and brought it into AE. I have my eye footage layer, duplicated it, then copy/pasted that track data into the duplicated layer of the eye.

I precomposed the duplicated layer with the tracking data and then added an exposure, hue and saturation effect on it. I basically followed the "no stupid questions" tutorial on zombie eyes.

From there I've tried adding effects such as liquify, and every other to add some movent inside the color. I know I'm not doing it right....

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Eye color animation
by on May 23, 2012 at 5:34:56 pm

This should be a pretty straightforward deal for you:
In the project window,d rag your eye footage clip onto the Make comp icon. Its settings now precisely match the eye footage in your comp.

In the new comp, turn the eye footage off and do whatever you want! Use a noise effect and vegas to make weired colors, add some fire footage, make fire of your own... whatever.
In the main comp, highlight your eye layer with the tracking applied. Option-drag (Mac) or Alt-drag (win) the new comp onto this layer. The new comp now replaces the eye footage, and you can tweak at will.

Pretty simple.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Eye color animation
by on May 23, 2012 at 10:17:58 pm

I addition to Dave's advice, here's a few things to try:
Use Find Edges combined with Matte Choker and Levels to create a organic looking matte the can help you comp/transition to your color. Add some Fractal Noise for complexity.
Work @ 32 bit and add a glow.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]