ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tricky tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam FreemanTricky tracking
by on May 23, 2012 at 4:20:00 pm

Hi guys, not posted here in a while, but I'm always looking and finding really useful stuff. Hopefully you can help me one more time!

I've used Mocha quite a lot in the past with some awesome results, but I'm having problems with a shot I've been asked to comp together. The aim is to track a clients logo onto a wooden box - but the shot's got really shallow depth of field so textures are blurring and it contains rotation, scale and perspective shifts. It's also quite close in... I've been trying this all day with no success - I always get slipage in the middle of the tracking...

Just wondering whether anyone had pointers that might help me out - or indeed a pointer on whether this is going to actually happen! I've been watching though the tutorials on the imagineer systems site, incase I missed something in the past... So far no joy.

I'm running CS5.5

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Tricky tracking
by on May 23, 2012 at 8:25:43 pm

Can't access a zip file here, but if you post a direct link I can look at it. Without seeing, I would simply recommend watching the tutorials on Imagineer Systems' web site.

Sometimes increasing the min % of pixels used will help, but without seeing the shot it is difficult to comment. If you overall track is good but there is drift, look into AdjustTrack module.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Tricky tracking
by on May 23, 2012 at 10:12:52 pm

You may need a 3d tracker- Camera Tracker is an option.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved