ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad GilmourAE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on May 21, 2012 at 10:28:58 pm

Not sure what I'm missing here.

I'm on AE 11.0.0.378
I have a Quadro 4000 for mac and my Cuda driver and GPU drivers are the latest versions.
CUDA Version: 4.2.7
GPU Version: 1.6.37.0 (256.02.25f01)

However AE still says I am running CUDA 1.0.

Also I get constant errors saying there is an "Open GL Error" which cripples AE and I can't find an "off switch" for Open GL anymore. Anybody else have this issue?

I'm on a MacPro 4,1 2xQuad-Core
Mac OSX10.6.8
I've run all the Adobe and Nvidia updates.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on May 21, 2012 at 11:16:51 pm

When did you last perform an OS update? Most folks with similar issues seem to have NOT done a clean install during their last OS update. Relatedly, there may be multiple copies of your GPU driver, if you know where they are, you should remove the older drivers from your system.

BTW, the Adobe Forum may be a better bet for issues related to new releases as they have their engineers peeking in there.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Chad GilmourRe: AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on May 22, 2012 at 1:56:50 am

Thanks for the advice! The only GPU drivers should be the one that came with my system (which should have been overwritten right?) and this new one, but I'll give it a try. I've been meaning to format my system and start over, maybe this will finally force me to do that.

By "OS update" do you mean my OS's number actually changed from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8? I have no idea when that was, if ever. The last software update was a few months ago, I'll try updating, but the only real stuff in there were java updates.

I'll give that a go, and try posting in the Adobe forums. Only reason I posted here was because I've had better luck getting answers here, and the Adobe forums didn't have any answers readily available, I'll definitely post there too.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on May 22, 2012 at 2:08:25 am

It's best to keep an eye on your OS version, down to the last dot and number. The same goes for your GPU. You've got a good setup which other folks are happily using. So, this points to some software/driver issue (hopefully it's not hardware). If you can bear with a clean install then that's a good way to go.

Good Luck
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Robert FergusonRe: AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 10:30:48 pm

Try going back to version 4.0.5 of the CUDA drivers. That worked for me. The "latest version" and the two before that would not work for me. OS 10.7.3, but I don't think that matters.

Return to posts index

Chad GilmourRe: AE CS6 not recognizing CUDA?
by on Jun 5, 2012 at 9:41:29 pm

Hmmm... good advice I'll have to remember. We stuck the same card in another Mac and it seems to work fine. So until I can do a format/instal on my system to clear out all the driver conflicts and whatever else I'll just have to go without. Thanks for the specific numbers though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]