ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ram preview + Standard Preview error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wyldie MaxwellRam preview + Standard Preview error
by on May 21, 2012 at 10:01:41 am

I've seen this questions like this asked before, but not in my exact permutation.

In the sequence I'm working on, when I press the spacebar for a standard preview, the playhead will stop after a few frames or a few seconds, seemingly at random. I can press spacebar again to get it moving, though- at that point, I tried the ram preview- it stopped at the exact spots that the standard preview playhead stopped at then looped as if it had completed its assigned task.

I tried restarting, turning off multiple frame multiprocessing, adjusting the amount of ram, purging the memory, and emptying the disk/media cache. I also removed the footage that I was using (leaving only a couple of solid, text and adjustment layers) to no effect.
At some point, the ram preview stopped rendering anything, and now reports that I need at least two frames for playback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- I'm tearing my hair out over this!

Thanks,
Wyldie

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Ram preview + Standard Preview error
by on May 21, 2012 at 9:17:00 pm

Provide more info on your version of AE, system RAM and how you've setup your RAM and CPU cores in Prefs>Memory&MP.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Wyldie MaxwellRe: Ram preview + Standard Preview error
by on May 21, 2012 at 10:10:57 pm

Thanks for the response:
I've got 4gb of system RAM and my AE version is 11.0.0.378 (CS6).
Ram available for AE is 2.5gb in Memory/Multiprocessing, and I've reserved 2 CPUs with .75gb/cpu in Multiprocessing: disabling that setting entirely has no effect on the RAM preview error, however.

Wyldie

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Ram preview + Standard Preview error
by on May 22, 2012 at 3:24:05 pm

4GB is the minimum RAM that AE requires for CS6. There could be other performance related issues with your system and CS6. Stuff like the number of disks, speed of your disks and the available storage space for cache.

Let us know more about your system and maybe we may be able to see which areas require improvement ASAP.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]