ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keeping effects but chaging the footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wagstaff
Keeping effects but chaging the footage
on May 20, 2012 at 11:03:52 pm

A project i am working on has a scene with two characters talking and one is a hologram the scene is made up of 10 or so shots

i have just set up the hologram for the first shot and what i am wondering is, is there a way for me to keep the effect but change the shots so i dont have to redo the effect for every single shot

I am using after effects CS4 if that makes any difference

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Perry Kroll
Re: Keeping effects but chaging the footage
on May 21, 2012 at 12:57:58 am

You can swap out the footage source used in a layer by holding down Option (Mac... maybe Alt on Windows?) while dragging a new source from the project bin to the layer in the timeline.

You can also copy and paste effects by selecting them in the Effects Controls window and copying.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 21, 2012 at 11:17:26 am

You can save one or more effects as a preset. You do this by selecting the effects from the Effects Control Panel and selecting Animation>Save Animation Preset. You can then apply the Animation Preset onto any clip on any project.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Andrew Wagstaff
on May 21, 2012 at 2:48:13 pm

Thank you to you both though it doesn't work for all the effects and i still have to adjust a few things it has saved me a fair amount of time

Return to posts index

Isaac Borjas
on May 21, 2012 at 9:30:05 pm

or another way could be PreComposing the Video/Image layer, Don't know have many affect on that video or if is slipt between comps but having the Video precomposing and work on the precomp instead will be better so at the end if you want to change that video just go inside the Video Precomp and change it and all the effects will be on the other Precomps.

P.S. even if you keying something out will do too... just my 2 cents

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]