ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Form issue.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Trapcode Form issue.
on May 20, 2012 at 7:48:39 pm

Hey guys,

I'm using trapcode form to try and break an object into thousands of particles and have it slowly come together over time.

I've got it pretty close but one thing is happening that I can't figure out how to fix. My particles are going transparent at times. Looks like white particles are passing in front of the colored ones. I'm using a camera to give it some depth. Maybe that's causing it?

Sorry...obviously no AE expert. And it's driving me nuts! :)

I've embedded the video so you can see what's happening.

Thanks!

Particle Test

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Trapcode Form issue.
on May 20, 2012 at 8:05:14 pm

Are you using the Fractal Field to affect size or opacity?

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on May 20, 2012 at 8:31:25 pm

Hey thanks for the reply Brian. No, both are set to zero right now.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on May 21, 2012 at 12:04:01 am

In that case, how are you animating the re-assembly of the image?

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on May 21, 2012 at 12:19:49 am

I just set the disperse level to 400 at the beginning, and to 0 a minute later.

So all the particles start moving towards the center but, as you can see the is something really weird going on with the transparency. Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know enough to really give you good clues.

Return to posts index

Perry Kroll
on May 21, 2012 at 1:15:44 am

Is it possible that these particles are 3d (textured polygon?) and have some kind of rotation (either random or a rotation speed) applied so that sometimes they orient themselves in such a way that they become an infinitely thin line from the perspective of the camera, and vanish?

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on May 21, 2012 at 1:22:20 am

I don't think so. I have the particle type as sphere.

I can tell when I watch frame by frame what's happening. For some reason there are white particles that are passing in front of the orange ones. Just don't know why. And I've been playing with settings all day.

I think I just have to accept I don't know what I'm doing enough to accomplish what I want. Or else I might end up putting my fist through the screen. :)

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on May 21, 2012 at 3:10:45 am

Before you put your fist through your screen...

Its very difficult to determine the issue with such little detail.

Could you post a screen shot of the Form Effects Control panel with all the settings you've used?

Base Form, size etc.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 21, 2012 at 6:46:06 pm

[James Whittington] "I can tell when I watch frame by frame what's happening. For some reason there are white particles that are passing in front of the orange ones. Just don't know why. And I've been playing with settings all day."

Are you using an image to assign color to the particles? If so, make sure that you are also assigning alpha from that image (and that the image has an alpha). I'd recommend working on top of a colored background to see what's happening more clearly, choose a color that is not present in the source image.

If you're assigning the color in the Form controls then check those again and make sure you don't have some white particles floating about :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]