ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with converting AVCHD-video (.MTS) for after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio Sweet
Problem with converting AVCHD-video (.MTS) for after effects
on May 20, 2012 at 12:56:16 pm

Hello,

I have received video files which are : AVCHD-video (.MTS) format.

After effects doenst accept them, i know.

So i converted them to a mov file with MediaEncoder.
The original file is 1440 x1080 and i have made them 1080 x720

It does the job BUT i have problems in after affects with the playback. It doenst goes smooth, it hackells, and stotterd.. and doenst plays smooth. The orginal ftp is the same in my comp and interpag footage is also good, i dont knwo what to do.
And it looks like i scaled it from a smaller size to a bigger size, there are al bloks and big pixels in it.

It is not my pc specs, because if i import a full HD video (1980x1080) it plays good and smooth without any problems.

So i really dont know,, i have adjust the rate to 3000mb/s but doenst do anything??

Any one can help me out ??

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
Re: Problem with converting AVCHD-video (.MTS) for after effects
on May 20, 2012 at 3:14:12 pm

AVCHD uses some 'very interesting' compression techniques to record HD video and you need a hefty processor to get any work done. After Effects CS4 on my system (8-core i7) will open .MTS files with no problem, although sometimes a little slower than I'd like.

You may just need an appropriate codec to play .MTS files. Can you tell us a bit more about your pc? Operating system? CS4, 5 or 6? etc.

Jim

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 20, 2012 at 3:20:46 pm

Hi Thanks for your repley.

I use Cs4 32bit. My after effects cant even impport the files. I't give me direct an error.

Which codec do i need, and do you knwo where to get it ??

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on May 22, 2012 at 11:21:06 am

AVCHD is supported natively in AE CS 4, according to Adobe's website.

However, I now remember there were some decoding issues with footage from certain model cameras. (Some cameras do not flag their streams correctly or add additional, non-standard data that confuses AE.) These incompatibilities were fixed in various updates.

First make sure you have all the current updates for After Effects. Otherwise, the workaround is converting the footage to another format. Google "AVCHD converter" and you'll find a ton of applications that do just that.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]