ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

efficient warp stabilizing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webb
efficient warp stabilizing
on May 19, 2012 at 7:28:50 am

lots of warp stabilizing needed. whats the best way?

i have some video clips that i've converted to Uncompressed Microsoft AVI. i'd like to Warp Stabilize the lot.

If i open it in AE, apply WS, how can i render it back into a file?

I'm thinking if i do all this in some lossless way, i'll then have the stable clips available for PremierPro and my projects...

But AE only seems to have PreRender, which causes other changes (i cant stop the aspect ratio getting changed...)

Any tips please.

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
Re: efficient warp stabilizing
on May 19, 2012 at 8:58:50 am

UPDATE: i've opened a clip in PP, did Replace With AE Comp, in AE i've applied WarpStabilizer, saved and closed AE, and back in PP sent it off to MediaEncoder (as uncompressed).

Is this the only way?

Does anyone know of a program dedicated just to stabilization that i can que up a few files?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
on May 19, 2012 at 9:54:46 am

If anyone can recommend a stabilization program ???

I am not happy with Warp Stabilizer results - the footage is very 'soft' compared with the original.
Worth the wait? i dont think so.

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on May 19, 2012 at 11:42:45 am

Mocha comes free with After Effects and can stabilize footage quite well. If your chief complaint is that results tend to be a little softer than the original, remember that any stabilizer program has to move and rotate (maybe recalculate?) the existing pixels. This may result is a very slight softening.

Jim

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
on May 20, 2012 at 8:03:39 am

THanks. i'll have a look at Mocha.
But i've been having a play with VirtualDub with DeShaker plugin, and all i can say is Oh My God !!
Its fantastic!!!!
Seriously. Its soooo much quicker than AE, with much better results. The help page explains what to fiddle with, and within a few minutes i was rolling out stabilized clips.

AND it was working on the originals, and saving as Uncompressed. Another time consuming step gone.

Should i bother to tell Adobe, again, what wonderful solutions are possible, and 'out there'. Ha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]