ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Floating Particles animation.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Floating Particles animation.
on May 18, 2012 at 9:53:56 pm

This is probably pretty easy, just want thoughts on what the best way to accomplish it might be.

There is an object I want to animate. I'd like to start with the object being broken up into hundreds or thousands of little floating particles. Kind of like floating dust particles in a room. Over time I want the particles to slowly come together to form the object.

It would be cool to give it some depth as well. Have some particles be bigger and out of focus in the foreground, etc.

Any cool ways to do this? Thanks very much in advance!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Floating Particles animation.
on May 19, 2012 at 10:30:29 am

You could use Trapcode Form ( the reversed animation from this tutorial: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/red_giant_sand_tr...

Or you could play with CC Ball Action

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on May 20, 2012 at 7:37:58 pm

Thanks Ted!

I've been messing around with Trapcode Form and got pretty close to what I want.

There's one thing that's happening that I can't figure out how to fix. Driving me nuts! There are times when my particles go transparent. Looks like maybe there are white particles that are passing in front of the colored ones. I'm using a camera to try and give it some depth. Maybe that's causing it somehow? Sorry...obviously not an AE expert.

Trying to embed the video so you can see it. Hope that works. :)

Thank you!

Particle Test

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 24, 2012 at 8:25:04 am

It does look like you may have white particles in there as well- not being able to look at your setup makes it hard to tell. Turn off the background gradient and look at your particles on black- that will confirm if the particles disappear or if they are just covered by white ones.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]