ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cinema 4D Animation moving wrong in After effects CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy ChopraCinema 4D Animation moving wrong in After effects CS4
by on May 18, 2012 at 9:41:16 pm

Hi all

I have built a city scene in Cinema4D where the camera animates through it while buildings crumble as we pass through. missles are hitting the buildings with their smoke trail created in after effects using particular.

Due to the scale of the scene I rendered it out in sections. with the full camera data and lights for after effects...

My problem is this;

In order to get particular to follow a light source I animated a light in C4D calling it Emitter (rather than doing this animation in AE). In the first few sections the animation from the AE export option in C4D is perfect and everthing works brilliantly. But in the final few sections the animation is completely all over the place in terms of the coordinates. I thought they were in reverse somehow but after numreous tests its defo random! Everything else in my scene is spot on perfect! Just this light animating does not export its coordinates correcly!

Anyone have any suggestions ideas as to what the reason could be? I haven't been able to find any differences in the camera data or lights animating from the earlier sections and am completely stuck now.

Return to posts index

Isaac BorjasRe: Cinema 4D Animation moving wrong in After effects CS4
by on May 19, 2012 at 6:48:16 pm

i'm not expert on this topics but i have done some test for my self using both C4D and AE in this past days and the integration between both is very powerfull....sorry when a little of topic here,

but have you try create a null with the same light animation and try using that null in AE and see if is using the right path?

and btw you can change the Null to light once your inside AE too, if the animation is right, just a thought.

Return to posts index

Jeremy ChopraRe: Cinema 4D Animation moving wrong in After effects CS4
by on May 20, 2012 at 7:46:57 am

Hi Isaac

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my initial animation also includes null objects and the problem is that those also are out of sync once in after effects.

The whole animation which is split into sections has null objects and object buffers etc but more than half of the sections are perfect on the export from cinema4d and only these last sections are not. There isn't anything different in the export settings either hence why I'm stumped! I was just posting here incase there was an after effects end problem I'm missing rather than on the cinema4D end.

thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved