ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5: Importing Illustrator file results in all layers being "stacked" in center of composition--why?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall KowalikAE CS5: Importing Illustrator file results in all layers being "stacked" in center of composition--why?
by on May 18, 2012 at 5:56:56 pm

First of all, I'm trying to follow this tutorial here:

I have my Illustrator CS5 file all ready to go (I think). It imports okay into AE, in that all the layers show up, and they look good--but instead of the words being laid out as I originally intended, they're all stacked in the center. I imported as "Composition--Retain Layer Sizes."

Any ideas, suggestions etc. appreciated... thanks! :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: AE CS5: Importing Illustrator file results in all layers being "stacked" in center of composition--why?
by on May 18, 2012 at 7:09:02 pm

Import as Composition Cropped, just make sure that your Artboard in AI is big enough to include all elements, and you should be ok.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Randall KowalikThanks! Now I'm suspecting something else...
by on May 18, 2012 at 7:15:49 pm

Thanks for your reply. My AI artboard is actually substantially larger (2100 squared, I think) than my AE (1280x720). However, now I'm thinking that when I created the AE composition, I accidentally told it to anchor everything in the center... via the composition settings.

Gonna go test that theory. Thanks again! :)

--R

Return to posts index

Nevin StyreRe: Thanks! Now I'm suspecting something else...
by on May 19, 2012 at 5:28:26 am

When you import your AI file select Composition but not the retain layer size option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]