ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particles throughout area

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bas v BreugelParticles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 1:06:05 pm

Hi guys,

I have a camera wich travels trough a composition. I would like to have particles throughout the composition. But even wenn i use emitter box and emitter size in the thousands only the first camera position shows particles. As soon the camera goes to another position the particles are gone.

The particles will have 0 velocity as they are just for 'decoration' and feeling of 3d space.

My projectfile is http://www.loepzuiver.net/extern/BrabantAwards-noparticles.aep in case you want to see how I arranged the camera.

Oh im using trapcode.

Return to posts index

Andy GallowayRe: Particles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 1:53:17 pm

Hi mate,

Are you using CC particle world.

Just tried it in your project with the radius set to 4400 and it worked fine.

Have you made sure the longevity is set to the length of the comp?

Return to posts index

Bas v BreugelRe: Particles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 4:03:02 pm

thanks Andy, indeed that covers the area, but all the particals are on top of all the other layers...

in other words, wenn a partical is behind a layer/solid in z space you should not see it.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Particles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 4:56:51 pm

unfortunately, there are two kinds of 3d space in ae... ae's 3d space and a plugins 3d space, and they don't really intersect.

the short of it is that a layer with a 3d plugin (like a 3d particle system) will follow layer order rather than 3d space. it would be similar with cc cylinder or cc sphere.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Bas v BreugelRe: Particles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 5:12:22 pm

Problem solved guys. Thanks to Andrew Kramer tutorials. I made a new (empty)adjustment layer and placed the particular layer beneath it. Nifty little trick.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Particles throughout area
by on May 18, 2012 at 5:23:04 pm

not exactly, but i may have misunderstood the problem...

the 2d adjustment layer (or a 2d solid) between two 3d layers trick, forces ae to use layer order rather than 3d space to determine which is in front.

it still would let 3d particles from the same particle system 'mix' with other 3d layers... though i am using an older version of ae (cs4).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]