ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS6 Upgrade from trial question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David TunnellCS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on May 17, 2012 at 5:27:13 pm

I just got my upgrade to CS6 Production Premium. I was using the trial while waiting for my upgrade email. I got my license last night, but have notice that some pre-sets for effects are missing.

For example, none of the pre-sets for fractal noise are available??? Do they leave some pre-sets out in the downloadable content?

Anyone know where the fractal noise pre-sets are stored? I should be able to copy them from a previous version, but I have not been able to locate them.

Thanks,

David Tunnell
TunnellVision Productions

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on May 17, 2012 at 6:05:27 pm

In the Effect Controls panel, locate the panel control menu button (a downward-pointing triangle and four vertical lines) in the upper right corner of the frame. Click it, then make sure "Show Animation Presets" is checked.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

David TunnellRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on May 17, 2012 at 6:26:18 pm

I already did that, but there are no pre-sets in the list.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on May 19, 2012 at 4:07:50 pm

I had done the same thing David, using my emailed serial number for the upgrade to activate the trial version of CS6. And I have no fractal noise presets as well.

Can anyone with a boxed version confirm that there are, or are not, presets for fractal noise?

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2012 at 4:21:05 pm

Or can anyone tell us where the Fractal Noise pre-sets are in an old version? Then we could copy to CS6? It seems they are treated differently.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index

David BittermanRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:34:34 pm

Curious about this as well. Did anyone find an answer?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 19, 2012 at 6:25:28 pm

No, I never did getan answer. What I did is the fractal noise pre-sets are part of the "Effects & Presets Backgrounds" I simply opened each one then saved the fractal noise settings as FN presets and that worked pretty well.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index

Johnny ChanRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 3:29:35 am

All of fractal noise presets can find from the menu (Animation) then click Apply Animation Presets...and the location is (C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS6Support FilesPresetsBackgrounds)
hope can help you...

Return to posts index

Chad MaddenRe: CS6 Upgrade from trial question
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 8:59:04 pm

I went to the backgrounds and found the presets. Tried to import them, but got an error that said it's an unsupported file type or extension. How can I get these to work?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:30:35 pm

Open AE CS6, make a comp and create a solid. The look under "Animation Presets/Backgrounds" in the preset panel and apply the first one. It will apply a number effects to the solid, one being fractal noise.

No twirl down the fractal noise options, at the top it says animation presets ... in the pull down menu at the bottom is an option save animation preset, name it the same as the backround preset and save. Now you must do this for each background.

I found it faster and easier to just apply the BG preset and then turn off or delete the other effects. They are exactl;y the same as the fractal noise presets we had in other versions.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]