ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

reapply warp stabilizer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webbreapply warp stabilizer
by on May 17, 2012 at 10:31:10 am

Hi, i've just applied warp Stabilizer to a 3minute clip, and its smoothed it out beautifully. A really excellent job for a hand held camera clip.

But 2 minutes into the clip there is a 8second section that needs more. Is there a way (in AE) to apply the Warp again just to that bit?

Thanks, J

++ As we're all here, i guess we're not all there ++

Return to posts index

Jonny WebbRe: reapply warp stabilizer
by on May 17, 2012 at 10:40:50 am

ok i realise my mistake. what i need to do is apply some keyframes and up the settings between my 2 keys...

Update: Oh dear, i cant find any why of keyframing. some people say its not possible?! i find that hard to believe...

Return to posts index

by on May 17, 2012 at 11:30:42 am

So i applied the Tracker (Stabilize) and manually did my stabilization. But it applied to the original, not post Warp.

Anyways that seemed to do the trick. Not happy with it, and it took way too long, but i cant find an alternative route.

Return to posts index

by on May 17, 2012 at 11:47:56 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stupid F-in AE & F-in Adobe - the efffin AE crashed, the link from PremierePro lost its end, and the original clip on the time line disappeared.

Its bad enough the SHI$%Y program crashes, but why drag down so many others when it does ?!?!?!?!?!

UPDATE
i managed to recover and relink etc. and get back to where i was.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: reapply warp stabilizer
by on May 17, 2012 at 11:38:43 am

There no KFs in the Warp Stabilizer pertaining strictly to stabilizing. The Warp Stabilizer works in 2 stages - analyse and then solve. FWIW, the 3D Camera Tracker works in similar fashion.

Should the solve not meet up to your expectation, you can try to tweak the parameters, This forces the effect (WS & 3D Cam Tracker) to re-solve, provide a solution. You should notice that any change to parameter settings only requires a re-solve without a need to re-analyze the footage. This same internal workflow works for both WS and 3D Cam Tracker.

So, you may want to do those tweak your parameters until you're happy with the results.

Having said all this, ensure that you really need all those 3 minutes. The preferred workflow is to trim your footage such that you have what you want/need +- a second or two before applying WS or the 3D Cam Tracker. This speeds up the analysis stage as well as lowers the file size of your AEP, which can grow to a 'ginormous' size if you keep throwing untrimmed, long footage to either of the aforesaid effects.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

by on May 17, 2012 at 11:52:04 am

Thanks for the reply.

If i apply Warp to just my 8 seconds of spaz-hand can i somehow render it back into my 3 minutes. Then i can do a gently warp on the 3 minutes...

Sorry to be such a noob.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: reapply warp stabilizer
by on May 17, 2012 at 12:16:30 pm

[Jonny Webb] "If i apply Warp to just my 8 seconds of spaz-hand can i somehow render it back into my 3 minutes. Then i can do a gently warp on the 3 minutes..."

I would rather do the 3 minutes with WS. Nest that and then Stabilize the problematic 8 seconds. The issues you will have will involve matching the 'edit points' of the 8-second segment. Hopefully, you can sufficiently tweak the 'edit points' by massaging the KFs created by the ole Stabilizer.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]