ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to adjust keylight to key out only a certain luminance value?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas SizynskiIs there a way to adjust keylight to key out only a certain luminance value?
by on May 16, 2012 at 3:02:40 am

Hey guys, I have a scene I am working on that has elements of green in the foreground, and a green screen in the back. I plan on evenly lighting the green screen, but there is some green in the actual set. The green screen is in the frame, but largely appears above the set, the set composition is of largely greys but there are prominent green bits too.

I could just rotoscope, but is there a way to just make keylight stick with a luminance value for the key color?

An Artist interested in the past, stuck in the present.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Is there a way to adjust keylight to key out only a certain luminance value?
by on May 16, 2012 at 3:40:06 am

Either a garbage matte or a hold-out matte is used when trying to de-limit the area of a key. Using luminance values is inherently what color keying works with.

If you can post an image or a video directly onto the COW< then folks can provide an even more conclusive solution.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Jeff BrownRe: Is there a way to adjust keylight to key out only a certain luminance value?
by on May 16, 2012 at 3:26:26 pm

Have you considered using a blue-screen background?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is there a way to adjust keylight to key out only a certain luminance value?
by on May 17, 2012 at 3:06:03 pm

[Andreas Sizynski] "I plan on evenly lighting the green screen, but there is some green in the actual set."

If the green in the set doesn't move, it's easy: make a mask so it alone can be seen. Then put it above the layer with Keylight applied.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]