ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Ring

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquin3D Ring
by on May 15, 2012 at 3:49:13 pm

Hi, well here's my problem ^^U long ago 1 of my very first post was how to create a 3D ring inside of AE

and i succed at creating it thnx to "Ted" Jelescu with a trial version of Mettle Freeform but i came acrros a little problem.

I've got my ring made as u can see IT's on 3D space and everything's fine. but i can not composite anything inside of it.

I tryed making just a simple .png image 3D and pushing it in the 3D space, but even thought it's affected by the composition camera controls, it won't just go inside the ring.

I've had this problem before and i've fixed it using 3D invigator this was my result.

I was able to composite everything inside Invigorator pro, but i had to use a round solid to put my video inside of it. That's just another type of workaround to the "Obscuration" problem i've been having with this type of projects.

What i want to do it's this.

As u can see the PNG render it's inside the rings and everythings fine,

1 - I don't know how to change the mode of the rings inside of cinema 4D to a blend mode like Add/Soft light. To get diff tones Neither how to change opacity... (i'm still in the very basics of Cinema 4D)
2 - IT's not quite what i'm trying to fulfill.

As for the las example of what i'm trying to archieve i've got this .

That's exactly what i need, but instead of using a PNG render i want to use a "Mask" i've done inside of AE basicly the ring would be with less opacity and either in Linear Dodge or Soft light, rotating around my mask.

I hope u can understand a bit what i'm trying to archieve, As for the very last example .. i got this footage wich is my inspiration and the think i actually want to do.

Thank you for all the help.!! And Sorry for my very bad english, i can't think of any other way to explain it.! ^^Û

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D Ring
by on May 15, 2012 at 7:02:57 pm

You will be able to do this ring effect by using CC Cylinder (see tutorial link below).
In order to have the image inside the ring, you will need to duplicate the CC Cylinder layer once you like the animation, have the image in between the two layers and adjust the texture to have only the half that comes in the front for the layer on top and the half that's behind for the layer at the bottom.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: 3D Ring
by on May 15, 2012 at 7:49:49 pm

Wow. and me already preparing my mind to do some complicated stuff in Cinema 4D >_> and it was soo easy.

Thank You so much like always! for all the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved