ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

particular v 1.5 mirroring particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
abie silva
particular v 1.5 mirroring particles
on May 14, 2012 at 3:04:22 am

I have an HD 1080 comp open w 2 emitters, when I create a third Particular seems to create duplicate these particles. Please let me know if this makes sense & if anyone has ever experienced this. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: particular v 1.5 mirroring particles
on May 14, 2012 at 8:24:03 am

It's best that you explain the steps you took and the result you are getting. You are leaving too much guess-work for folks to be able to help you.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 14, 2012 at 3:53:28 pm

if you are creating a third particle system with the same settings as on of the previous particle systems, then it will be identical.

to change that, you'll need to change the random seed. you'll find that setting (in v1.5) by clicking the 'options' at the top of the effect settings. random seed should be in the upper-right corner of the options window.

is that what you are looking for?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

abie silva
on May 14, 2012 at 8:08:08 pm

I appreciate the honesty; I figured it would be difficult to understand this issue since I didn't even no where to begin on how to describe it, so I'll start over & try to be as succinct as possible w out leaving out any of the important details.

I have an HD 1080 Comp with 4 layers, 2 Null Obj's, 2 Layers containing the Particular Effect - 1 with the stock "Sphere" Particle Type & the other a custom Particle type that I created - & 2 Point lights for use as light emitters. With me so far? Good.

Here's the problem though, If I create a new particle layer, when I play down the timeline, the new particles, no matter what the settings, take the shape of the other 2 layers as well as its current settings and the pre-existing particle layers now take the shape of the new particles. Man I really hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

abie silva
on May 14, 2012 at 9:43:25 pm

After running some tests, I found that as soon as I create the 3rd emitter & light and change the Emitter Type to Light, the new particles begin to emit from all of the other Light Emitters in the scene. Am I missing something in the naming convention here?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 14, 2012 at 11:25:58 pm

This is expected behavior. Particular defaults to using lights that are named Emitter when you set the emitter to use Lights.

You can however change the default. By changing the default, you can have different lights behaving as emitters for different light layers. Click on the Options link in the Effect COntrols Panel for your particular layer to open up a dialog. Change the entry in "Name starts with ..." and then set your Light name accordingly.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

abie silva
on May 15, 2012 at 12:24:17 am

This totally worked!! Thank you again so much Roland.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 15, 2012 at 1:29:57 am

You're welcome Abie.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved