ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Testing Adobe After Effects cs6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinTesting Adobe After Effects cs6
by on May 13, 2012 at 2:01:18 pm

Hey, I've got recently the trial of Adobe After Effects Cs6 and i wanted to know if there's anyway i could copy the same shortcuts i was using in cs5 to place them in cs6 cause there's some minor troubles while i'm working with it.

I've tryed the Shortcut Script Editor found in Adobe but coulnd't get it to work since i din't understand a think.

The biggest problem i have is in here.

Pen Tool (CS6)

Pen Tool (Cs5)

As u can see i cannot cycle anymore through the options to get to the add vertex. i've changed already some shortcuts modifyin the "Adobe After Effects 11.0 Shortcuts" file inside of roaming and it worked fine but i can't find the actual "way" or names.. to make it cycle like in Cs5

IS there any way of doing it, Can i import my old shortcuts? or how do i modify thoese.. And how to make it so when i press "Ctrl" i can move the points like in Cs5..

I find this change in the shortcut the major disavantage in the new AE...

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Testing Adobe After Effects cs6
by on May 13, 2012 at 5:00:20 pm

You can change the bahavior of the 'G' shortcut key to the old way by going to Edit>Preferences>General and deselecting the item "Pen Tool Shortcut Toggles Between ..."

You can edit AE's Shortcuts BUT it's important that you save a copy of the original just in case you make an incorrect entry that may invalidate the file. To view and edit the Shortcuts text file, goto Edir>Preferences>General and click on the "Reveal Preferences in ..." button.

In the same folder as the Prefs file is the Shortcut.txt file. Open it and see what you want to edit. Don't forget to copy the original to a safe place as a backup.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: Testing Adobe After Effects cs6
by on May 13, 2012 at 8:51:46 pm

Soo Awesome! Thank You!

Return to posts index

Lissette SantosRe: Testing Adobe After Effects cs6
by on Nov 4, 2012 at 4:09:12 am

I hated not being able to toggle to convert vertex :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved