ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing XML in AE ... Footage Not Found Error notice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
diane gordyImporting XML in AE ... Footage Not Found Error notice
by on May 12, 2012 at 9:57:49 pm

I'm trying to import my XML that I made in FCP 7. I made the xml using fcp method and automatic duck. When I import either xml into AE i get an error saying that most of the footage to my clips can't be found. The thumbnail box for the footage files are all blacked out, and I can't reload the footage. Any suggestions to get the xml to read properly upon import?

Any suggestions will help!! Thank You!!!

D. Gordy

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Importing XML in AE ... Footage Not Found Error notice
by on May 13, 2012 at 12:29:21 am

I don't know how Automatic Duck works exactly, but are you importing it from the same computer? Is the footage all on a network drive or an external drive?

I don't know if you've tried to use the "Replace file" command for one of the files--usually the rest update accordingly.

Here's a script that may help you replace paths if they got messed up somehow:

You might want to try this script to import the FCP XML instead of Automatic Duck--it's worked well for me:

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Ruben van den BeltRe: Importing XML in AE ... Footage Not Found Error notice
by on Sep 16, 2012 at 10:28:18 pm

Hello Diane,

I just had the same problem with both exporting .aaf and .xml files out of FCP7 and trying to import them in AE CS5.
It just did not seem to find the footage on my external hard drive. Tried different projects hence different sequences> same problem.

So then I moved these footage files on to my internal HD, my Desktop to be precise. Relinked the footage in FCP and made the same steps in exporting both XML and AAF.

Now..AE is importing them just fine over Automatic Duck Pro import. Though this is not solving the problem, because I do not want to have hundreds of GB of video footage on my internal HD..

If anyone knows a solution for this, it be very welcome.

Thanks y'all..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved