ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects on an HP Z820

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph HermanAfter Effects on an HP Z820
by on May 12, 2012 at 4:22:50 am

Hi,

Just wanted to share this review I did of the new HP Z820 Workstation in case anyone was thinking about picking one up for a platform to base CS6 on.

I've been running it on one and it works great.

I also created the review with After Effects. I hope you enjoy it.

Joe.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects on an HP Z820
by on May 13, 2012 at 6:29:00 pm

512GB of RAM??? Wow!

Thanks, Joe. Nice job on the review video. I'm actually trying to get my old system at work upgraded now and was considering a switch from Mac Pro to an HP workstation so this was helpful. Budget is a big concern and the Macs are more expensive, as you would expect, but the fact that they're slower too kind of tilts the scale in HPs favor even more.

Return to posts index

Joseph HermanRe: After Effects on an HP Z820
by on May 13, 2012 at 9:23:36 pm

Thank you. Yes, it's a heck of a machine. It's great for production and post. 3D rendering, video editing, etc.

The machine in the review has 35GB in it, but you can put in up to 512GB (if you can afford it!)

It's also got USB 3.0 on it which is super fast The Mac Pro unfortunately does not.

I find that USB drives are cheap and fast enough to use for high definition video editing.

Cheers,

Joe.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects on an HP Z820
by on May 14, 2012 at 12:35:54 am

Thanks for the info. It's interesting that you are using USB 3.0 drives for video editing, that's something I've been meaning to try. I have a Western Digital passport that's very nice but I've found the USB 3.0 speeds to fall short of what has been advertised. The burst speeds are pretty fast but it slows down to USB 2.0 speeds during large file transfers that take more than a few seconds. Maybe that wouldn't be an issue for editing.

Return to posts index

pefebrie itoRe: After Effects on an HP Z820
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 5:35:52 am

what type of ram did you went for?
the youtube link is broken, is there anyway I could view it?

Return to posts index

Joseph HermanRe: After Effects on an HP Z820
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:47:09 pm

Hi there,

Sorry about the broken link. Here is the new link:

Enjoy!

Joe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]