ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Missing Footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Polanis
Missing Footage?
on May 12, 2012 at 3:21:13 am

Ok, I built a new computer and transferred everything from my old drives to my new drives.
Now I am trying to render a Digital Juice Ready2Go project that I completed on my old machine but never rendered. I replaced all the missing footage by double clicking one file and replacing it; everything showed up as expected.
Now when I hit render, a error message pops up telling me "26 footage files required for rendering are missing"?
I type "missing" into the project search and nothing comes up. When I preview the project everything looks fine. When I look at the individual comps, everything is there. I even typed missing for each comp; nothing comes up.
When I just render the project anyway, it renders with parts of the project as those ugly color test bars in certain places while other things are just fine?
I can not figure out why it's doing this. Can someone please help me? Thank you.

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Missing Footage?
on May 12, 2012 at 4:30:54 am

You're good to go if you've replaced all the required footage and a "missing" search in the Project Panel serves up a blank page. It's a bit of a nuisance especially when you've replaced all the footage. Something I've not tried is to re-save the AEP with a new name. Perhaps it's worth a shot.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on May 12, 2012 at 2:46:01 pm

OK? It started working this morning and I didn't do anything different? Thank you for the reply Ron. Computers and software do strange things sometimes.

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 12, 2012 at 3:42:18 pm

Hey, no problem Tex. ;-)

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia