ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering for HDTV Screens

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Parada
Rendering for HDTV Screens
on May 10, 2012 at 3:28:22 pm

Hi Folks:

This is my first time posting. For my job, I have to create content for 3 big vertical HDTV screens... you know, like you see in banks, the airport,etc. So in essence, the video plays across the three screens, but as if it were one big screen.

My comp size is 3240 x 1920 (that's because it's 3 1920x1080 screens placed VERTICALLY)

So far, I've been using video, jpgs and graphics created in After Effects. My comps are at 29.97 FPS... but when I see them on the big screens, it's jittery when panning. Also the colors are not true to what I wanted.

Should I be doing it at 59.94 FPS? Also, the Color Depth, should it be at 32bpc? Any other things I should be considering?

Thank you for your time.

r

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rendering for HDTV Screens
on May 10, 2012 at 3:55:33 pm

You have to look at the whole pipeline.

What is the actual playback device? How are you delivering files for it? Do you have other delivery options? Does anyone re-encode them after they've left your hands?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ray Parada
on May 10, 2012 at 4:16:52 pm

Hi Walter:

The playback device are 3 HDTV's mounted on a wall. I'm delivering the files (MPG4) via a digital signage software called C-Nario. It goes directly from me and nobody else touches it. I hope this is the info you were looking for.

r

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 10, 2012 at 4:53:59 pm

Ok, thanks. So we have two issues: panning judder and poor color. What is the nature of the color problem?

If the panning judder is really dropped frames, it's possible that both problems start with your encode. How are you encoding them? Have you verified them on another system?

If the panning judder is not dropped frames, then bumping up the frame rate may help, but you'd have to verify that the hardware/software combination will actually support a higher frame rate. On the content side, you might try adding motion blur or changing the moves a bit.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]