ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE issues on PC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bentley
AE issues on PC
on May 10, 2012 at 12:42:57 am

So I've got a fairly new HP laptop, win 7, 4 cores and 8gig of ram running AE 5.5.
While running AE all by itself - 6 gb dedicated to ae, things keep disappearing. The flowchart will suddenly not work - on restart there it is again. I won't be able to choose a round mask. Trapcode's particular will not have all the parameters in the effects list - you can set color to "over time" but no "over time color gradation" to play with or no "set opacity over time" choice at all - again a restart will sometimes fix this.
Makes it hard to work efficiently.
Any clue as to what's going on? Have deleted prefs and started again, have reinstalled AE. Not a huge set of plug ins - Trapcode, knoll, nothing too crazy. It's gotta be a memory thing but considering my mac only has 4 gb and doesn't have these issues...

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE issues on PC
on May 10, 2012 at 1:34:29 am

This very likely an OpenGL issue. Go into your Prefs>Previews and disable OpenGL.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE issues on PC
on May 10, 2012 at 1:21:17 pm

I just threw a similarly described clip to the Warp Stabilizer and I wasn't pleased with the results although there were other variables in my footage where the 'fail' occurred - the distant background.

If you do continue to have issues, it'll be good if you could post your b4 and after footage, here at the COW.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]