ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make mPEG2 1500x1200 video file?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Frost
How to make mPEG2 1500x1200 video file?
on May 9, 2012 at 4:54:42 pm

Hi all, I have a compositon that has the resolution set to 1500x1200. My client needs me to export the file as a mpeg2 format 1500x1200. How do i do that? everytime i set the settings for the export, it will say a settings mismatch and force the video to 1500x1080. I'vee tried premiere pro and FCP and compressor it seems all of them don't work.

Any way of doing it or any other external software that i can use? No, my client insist on mpeg2 as they are running a projection system which needs it only on mpeg 2 and at that particular resolution. And it seems that they have receieved clips of this size before. Please advise

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How to make mPEG2 1500x1200 video file?
on May 10, 2012 at 1:05:04 am

That's a really bizarre resolution, even by my standards. Are you sure they didn't mean to specify 1600x1200?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Nina Frost
on May 10, 2012 at 2:20:09 am

Yes its 1500x 1200. They are joinng 3 screens to forma screen size of 4500x1200. Think they are using a coolux projector system.

How does this coolux system work? I know it might seem irrelevant to be asking in this forum about projectors, but can it accept other formats? I can do it perfectly well in quicktime format...

Nina

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 10, 2012 at 2:42:45 am

[Nina Frost] "Yes its 1500x 1200. They are joinng 3 screens to forma screen size of 4500x1200. Think they are using a coolux projector system."

That suggests three standard 1600x1200 projects with a 150px overlap to me -- not three edge-butted non-standard 1500x1200 displays.

Coolus Pandoras Box supports other formats, including AVI, WMV, and MOV. You might try to send them a QuickTime animation codec test file.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Nina Frost
on May 10, 2012 at 2:50:30 am

Hi,

Ok what you said sounds very different from what they said to me, they wanted 1500x1200 x 3 files edge butted. Mpeg2 CBR of 20kb(which i thought was VERY LOW)

Can i know when u say bizarre, do u mean its impossible to encode mpeg2 in size other then 1200 in height?

Or is it just an odd size to you?

If you have the time and patience for me, can u explain what is this Coolus Pandoras Box? Is it a pc/mac? is it a software? a standalone machine?

But thanks for the suggestions about other formats, I will propose to them and see if they are open to other formats.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 10, 2012 at 3:03:35 am

[Nina Frost] "Ok what you said sounds very different from what they said to me, they wanted 1500x1200 x 3 files edge butted. "

If they say so. If I were you, I'd suggest you deliver some test files and confirm they work.

[Nina Frost] "Mpeg2 CBR of 20kb(which i thought was VERY LOW)"

Yes, that is impossibly low.

[Nina Frost] "Can i know when u say bizarre, do u mean its impossible to encode mpeg2 in size other then 1200 in height?"

I meant bizarre in that there are no standard desktop tools that can deliver MPEG2 in that resolution. You might be able to get ffmpeg to do it.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]