ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe's new policy prone automation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel MassadianAdobe's new policy prone automation
by on May 9, 2012 at 10:30:11 am

Hello Everyone,

As you all know adobe suite is growing fast, getting stronger, rock solid and everything!
And i have to admit that they really did an Amazing job on the CS6 Built, everything works as expected.

BUT, and i might mistaken, that's why i'm posting on here, all of the new auto features (3d track, Stabilization) are missing mattes....

Maybe i'm wrong and i'd love to be on that one ,

but does anyone know how to assist by mattes those features?

I want to stabilize a shot but my main character is in the middle and the track is taking him into account...

Would love to know if there's a way in After Effects, and Premiere

Thanks to this amazing community

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Adobe's new policy prone automation
by on May 10, 2012 at 10:36:41 am

The Warp Stabilizer should have no issues even if your main character is in the middle of the shot, doing handstands while munching on a burger - seriously. Let us know if you're still having issues after using the Warp Stabilizer.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Mel MassadianRe: Adobe's new policy prone automation
by on May 10, 2012 at 10:44:34 am

Yes i'm actually talking about the wrap stabilizer, and i think it's normal that the main character's movment are tracked if i don't specify a matte to obsucre it...
Rolland do you know that the wrap stabilizer is based on a 3D track? and i don't know if you know much about it but to keep it simple it's a bunch of 2D track points, and based on those points motion, relative distance and parallax you get the cam motion in 3D space. Wich the under the hood of the WS. So if you want a good tracks points should be stick to non motion elements in the scene

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Adobe's new policy prone automation
by on May 10, 2012 at 4:01:33 pm

The Warp Stabilizer attempts to distinguish between background and foreground automatically, but if that's not working well for your shot, see Outsmarting the Warp Stabilizer [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved