ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CS4 render crashing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena MastersAfter Effects CS4 render crashing
by on May 8, 2012 at 10:39:50 pm

I'm rendering out a motion piece I've created thats around 3 minutes long at 1280 x 720. I'm finding that half way through the render I get a message pop up saying I don't have enough memory to finish the render. This is the largest piece I've done so I've never encountered this before. I have used a few motion blurs which I know can affect the rendering but I don't really want to remove this.

Is there a way I can free up more memory? I've added a screen shot of my memory preferences..

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects CS4 render crashing
by on May 10, 2012 at 3:38:30 am

4GB of RAM isn't much for AE to work with. Take a re-look at your comp to see which layer or gorup of layers can be pre-rendered. This will decrease the amount of RAM/processing required for the final render. You will also want to render out to image sequences so that you can continue/re-start rendering, one frame after the last saved frame should you encounter another out-of-memory message.

There could also be a memory leak with a plugin but let's assume that this isn't the case for now. Again, look at the two suggestions in para 1 and get cracking with those.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved