ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how can I loop offset turbolence in fractal noise?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matteo pdthow can I loop offset turbolence in fractal noise?
by on May 6, 2012 at 1:52:36 pm

Hi all.
Sorry for my english.
I am trying to cycle a fractal noise vertical movement using offset turbulence.
Offset turbulence starts at 1600;360. I want it to end at 1600;2400 and then cycle.
Composition is 15 seconds long. Composition size is 3200 x 720 (It is for a widescreen background)
I found a lot of tutorials and explanations about how to cycle evolutions, but nothing about my question...
Well, one post talks about "EZ Loopin' technique"... but I dont know what is it, and I found nothing in internet...

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how can I loop offset turbolence in fractal noise?
by on May 7, 2012 at 1:28:23 pm

As far as I know, you can't loop the offset cause the fractal will change as you move to a different location.

You can use long slow dissolves to hide the fact you are starting the track over or just create a fractal background that is minutes long instead of 15 seconds.

Over at there's a script called The Loopmaker. Pretty quick and easy to use if you don't want to do the work of making mulitple layers, dissolving and sequencing them.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Sarge TrubixRe: how can I loop offset turbolence in fractal noise?
by on Mar 4, 2013 at 4:56:42 pm

There is, actually, another way. It can be a little tricky to make.
1. Duplicate your background layer you want to loop.
2. Change the offset keyframes, of this new duplicated background, so that the last keyframe had the same properties as the first keyframe of the old background.
3. Then, instead of looping layers by changing each others opacity, create mask's. Animate the masks path's: make them moving cascaded with overlap using mask feather.

It may be less noticeable, than looping by changing opacity of the whole layer. Give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved