ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio Export Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack StewartAudio Export Settings
by on May 4, 2012 at 5:57:25 pm

Hello

My client has asked me to export it out with 128 bit audio at 22 hertz audio.

I have chosen 22.050 KHz / 16 bit / Stereo. Is this correct?

I don't understand what the 128 bit audio setting is and how I check if this is correctly set in AE.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio Export Settings
by on May 4, 2012 at 9:15:54 pm

[Jack Stewart] "My client has asked me to export it out with 128 bit audio at 22 hertz audio."

Whoa! That's one wild & crazy spec! I've never heard of anything like it. Never!

I recommend double-checking with the client and asking come clarifying questions. Something's really fishy: you don't know if you have to make a wav, aiff, or mp3 file, do you?

And you ought to know that audio file conversion is best done in an audio application and not AE; that's just plain weird.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Audio Export Settings
by on May 4, 2012 at 9:20:21 pm

It's not going to be WAV or AIFF, but it could likely be MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer III) or MP4/M4A (AAC).

While you're asking questions, you should confirm if they need stereo or mono.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jack StewartRe: Audio Export Settings
by on May 4, 2012 at 9:29:40 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, your right I should ask if its Stereo or mono. I think its likely to be Stereo. The file will be out putted as a MP4 video file for upload to the web. So no need to worry about that, but I always thought 48.000 GHz was the standard. I am not sure why they want it changed to 22.050.

Can anyone suggest where the option to change it to 128 bit audio might be in AE or what that even means?

Cheers,
Jack

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio Export Settings
by on May 4, 2012 at 10:02:54 pm

[Jack Stewart] "...I always thought 48.000 GHz was the standard"

Actually, one of standard sampling rates is 48 kHz. A good audio recording studio will go as high as 192 kHz for mastering.

[Jack Stewart] "Can anyone suggest where the option to change it to 128 bit audio might be in AE or what that even means?"

It's fiction, that's what. An mp4 file has AAC audio, which is compressed, and one of the standard data rates is 128 kilobites/sec.

As I said earlier, the signals got crossed someplace along the line with the audio spec. You need to double-check. Right now, you have gobbledygook for a spec.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]