ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particle world and gravity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Particle world and gravity
on May 4, 2012 at 11:48:38 am

Hello,

I was doing some particle tests today. Because I was at school I wasnt able to use particular as I would have done at home so I had to use particle world.

So is that really so that after particles have been emitted I cant change the influence of gravity for those particles. I was trying to reach that kind of thing that the source is animated going on a path which was a text, so it writes the text. And then there is a gravity switch on the side that I animated to go on position (graphical switch. Gravity linked to it with an expression, which seems to be correct) after the text have been written. However when I add some value to the gravity after emitting, nothing happens. But if the gravity is on all the time it influences the particles.

It's like this:
Time:
0:00 Text is being written. 0:15 text is ready. 0:17 Gravity is switched on -> nothing happens

I tried it also with keyframes. Not just with the linked expression.

Thanks. Hope someone understands what I mean....

-Otto

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Particle world and gravity
on May 4, 2012 at 4:18:13 pm

[Otto Lindqvist] "So is that really so that after particles have been emitted I cant change the influence of gravity for those particles. "

yep... with particle world, pretty much all of the particle's 'determinants' are set at birth, so you can't change the influences of a particle after it is born...

it's like fate, each particle's life is predetermined before it is born :)

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]