ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Weiss
Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback
on May 3, 2012 at 12:36:49 am

I am using AE CS5 with a Windows 7 desktop machine...12Gb of RAM and an Intel I7 processor...

the short story is that running AE5 sometimes gives me this error and sometimes it doesn't and it is incredibly frustrating to deal with this.
Yesterday my project worked fine..today i get the error message.
Has anyone ever got a real fix for this?? I am fully updated as per update manager.
I have tried restarts but that doesnt do it for me.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks
Stan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback
on May 3, 2012 at 2:07:12 pm

Have you run the upgrades? Your version is up to 10.0.2 the last time I checked, and the upgrade fixes a lot of weirdness.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stan Weiss
on May 3, 2012 at 2:14:30 pm

thanks...
and yes i did run the updates and i am up to date...
it is just frustrating because sometimes it gives me the error and other times it works beautifully...I never know how it will do each time i start up the program!!

I know this has been an issue but i see no real answer from previous posts..i have disabled the firewall, stopped running any other programs and restarted..but still the error can show up!

Thanks
Stan

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on May 3, 2012 at 4:14:43 pm

Have the exact same issue with CS4 on a Mac. I've never found an actual cause for the problem--like you say, it seems to crop up randomly--but I have found that purging the video memory (Edit>Purge>Video Memory) seems to at least make it go away for a while. Maybe that'll work on your box, too.

Return to posts index

Stan Weiss
on May 4, 2012 at 8:33:04 pm

On my machine purging the cache or the video memory at best gives me a one second render that stutters and then on the next attempt it gives me the error message again...

this is incredibly frustrating...really cannot use the program at all on days when it gives me this behavior!

Stan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]