ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking a mask video layer to sunglasses moving

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gugulan
Tracking a mask video layer to sunglasses moving
on May 3, 2012 at 12:32:02 am

Hi,

Needed some advice or tutorial links that could help me with a new project I am working on. I've been tasked to do a reflection on sunglasses from a video playing on the TV while a person moving around playing video games. Note the person wearing the glasses, will be moving their head from left to right at different angles.

I know I need to track it. I have AE CS5.5 and the Camera Tracker plugin. How do track the video, mask it to the sunglasses and follow the movements of the person face?

Much Appreciated,

Paul

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Tracking a mask video layer to sunglasses moving
on May 3, 2012 at 1:49:48 am

Check out this tutorial at Imagineer on using mocha to export shape layers to AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 3, 2012 at 12:42:29 pm

Just want to add, Mocha does a really good job of perspective tracking, so you should be covered when your subject turns his head.. After you get the shape data into AE, you can further refine it, but Mocha will probably take care of 90% of the work.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 4, 2012 at 2:33:29 pm

Mocha will do the track, masking will be simple...few adjusts as the movement goes on...

the real deal I presume will be simulating the reflection's movement/distortion as the face rotates/moves... since you can't pull that info out of the track.

Return to posts index

Paul Gugulan
on May 7, 2012 at 4:47:32 pm

Yeah I agree that it will be a challenge but I think the mask at different angles was on top of my list. Thanks for the advice Cassius.

Return to posts index

Paul Gugulan
on May 7, 2012 at 4:41:42 pm

Thanks John, this is awesome advice. I know it can be done, but I am taking much satisfaction in knowing some else knows how it is accomplished. Thats why I always log on to creative cow for my toughest questions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]