My After Effects CS5.5 project keeps crashing when rendering, sometimes even when rendering previews.
That's the error message:
After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <6392> <5> Destruct for 507238528
When saving the project before crash, it won't open without AE crashing again.
Here's what happens in the comp:
Black Solid with lots of masks (subtract) that are animated in Mask Expansion (pretty big values there). Turbulent Displace effect animated in Evolution parameter. And that's it!
/correction here: Turbulent Displace is animated in Amount. Deactivating/deleting it doesn't change anything
Frame size is pretty big: 8192x4096 (square px, 25fps).
I had OpenGL deactivated which doesn't change anything.
Here the screenshot: 4071_aescrshot.jpg.zip
Mask expansion is animated from -50 to 1400 (too big of a value?). The layer would actually be used as a matte for a tif file.
Just now i tried to set the effects antialiasing quality to low. That gives me a few more frames (47), but still ae crashes with the same error message.
Here's another funny thing: I exported the project to CS5 and we tried to render it on a colleagues machine. He's getting a different error message on crash - Something about bit-depth conversion...
I tried to output either MOV animation or TIF sequence.
No idea about the language- that would be a question for Adobe.
The frame size is pretty big though- no wonder you run out of memory. If it's just one frame that crashes it- rendering file sequences is the best thing to do. Try a smaller frame size - I do not have the details of your project and what you're trying to achieve, but maybe you can get away with less. Just in case you can do that, you can change the size of your comp by using the script that comes with AE (under File).
Don't know about that language error, I'm going to send Adobe an email if it happens again.
I reduced the Comp to half its size - 4096 by 2048. That's already a critical resolution: The video is going to be used as an animated texture in XSI, wrapped around a format filling sphere. And the target resolution of that render is around 2K (2650x1420).
Anyway, with half the resolution and about 20 render attempts, I finally made it with dropping only one frame.